Development of a Circular Economic (CE) Business Case for Waste Reduction
Redd Zebra was engaged to develop a Business Case and explore the implementation of a staged Circular Economy (CE) model with a primary focus on waste reduction through redirection of project waste and reuse either within the ‘new’ project, an alternate project or repurpose with other existing clients. The initiative is in its initial phase. The long-term vision is to scale up these efforts and develop a comprehensive service offering, aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) principles, and Green development frameworks. The project intends to leverage initial seed funding and align with the Client’s commitment to reduce Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions, turning into a viable and lucrative business opportunity.
- Waste Reduction: Build in waste reduction at the inception of the project to optimize resource lifecycle management, prolong asset life, and minimize waste generation.
- Circular Economy Model: Establish a circular economy model that focuses on resource efficiency, product reusability, and closed-loop systems to reduce reliance on finite resources.
- Scalability: Develop a phased approach to demonstrate the viability and success of the initial projects, paving the way for a broader service offering across multiple industries and regions.
- Sustainability and Alignment: Ensure alignment with the UN SDGs, ESG principles, and Green development frameworks to address environmental and social challenges while promoting responsible and sustainable business practices.
- Financial Viability: Strategically utilise seed funding to demonstrate the project’s profitability and attractiveness as a business venture, encouraging further investment and growth.
- Research and Analysis
- Pilot Projects
- Collaboration and Partnerships
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Marketing and Business Development